All Speakers Guidelines
- All presentation rooms will be set theatre or classroom style depending on the conference needs. Presentation rooms for Plenary lecturers and Symposia will have a standing lighted lectern and aisle microphones to take questions from the audience. In addition, there will be a head table for the required number of people in every room.
- Each room will have a Windows PC, data projector, appropriate size screen, and a laser pointer. An audiovisual technician will be provided in the session room during your presentation in case you need any assistance. PowerPoint or PDF documents will be accepted. We recommend you use the dedicated PC in your presenting session, unless you use a MacOSX computer. If you plan to use a MacOSX computer, you must bring your own laptop, power supplies, and adaptors. We also recommend you bring a back-up of your presentation on a USB drive.
- We highly encourage all presenters in Plenary, Symposia, and SEBBM Groups sessions to arrive at least 20-30 minutes before the start of your session to ensure that the audiovisual technician has the appropriate amount of time to load the presentation and to allow you the opportunity to review your slides and material prior to your scheduled presentation time slot.
- All invited speakers should upload an abstract of their talk by accessing their private area. You can retrieve your username and password by asking the Technical Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All invited speakers and participants selected for 15 minutes oral presentations should not present posters.
- If you require special audiovisual equipment, contact the Technical Secretary at email@example.com All additional projection equipment must be pre-approved by the SEBBM.
Specific Instructions for Plenary and Symposia Speakers
- Plenary speakers are allotted 45 minutes for presentation and discussion
- Symposia speakers are allotted 30 minutes for presentation and discussion.
- Award Lectures speakers are allotted 25 minutes for presentation and discussion.
Specific Instructions for SEBBM Groups Speakers
- SEBBM group speakers invited by the coordinators of each group are allotted 30 minutes for presentation and discussion.
- 5 abstracts will be selected as 15 minutes (talk+questions) oral communications (except for the Teaching Biochemistry Group).
- 3 additional posters (optional for some SEBBM Groups) will be selected as flash oral communications of 5 minutes. Flash oral communications should also present a poster.
- Teaching Biochemistry Group speakers are allotted 20 minutes for presentation and discussion.